Southern Spring Adventure
April 20-27, 2020
8 days, 7 nights
(This trip is Waiting List only – you may call to be added to the list.)
Explore Georgia’s capital city to feel its historical significance and get a taste of its vibrant culture. Big attractions we will not miss, the CNN Center and the World of Coca-Cola. Explore Stone Mountain Park on 3,200 acres of natural beauty. Travel with us as we visit the National Quilt Museum, enjoy a Grand Ole Opry Show, tour Andrew Jackson Hermitage, visit National Corvette Museum and more!
- Roundtrip deluxe motorcoach transportation
- 8 lunches, 8 dinners, 7 breakfasts at hotel
- This trip requires a lot of walking
- National Quilt Museum
- An art museum that exhibits fiber art and quilting from around the world. Recognized by USA Today as one of the world’s top quilt displays. Located in a 27,000 square foot facility featuring vibrant and breathtaking exhibits including over 600 works of art.
- Grand Ole Opry Show
- A Nashville Must See that made country music famous. Enjoy an unforgettable American country music concert show with a dynamic line-up of new stars, superstars and legends of country music. There’s nothing quite like it anywhere else.
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park
- The oldest and largest of America’s Civil War parks, commemorates the 1863 battles that marked a major turning point in the war. Includes extensive exhibits, the Fuller Gun Collection, and our guided tour will allow us to experience the Civil War history.
- CNN Center
- One of the oldest news networks in the world. CNN offers guided walking tours and exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to the world headquarters, featuring shopping, studio tours, viewing galleries overlooking newsrooms and a large food court with over a dozen restaurant options.
- World of Coca-Cola
- Not just a soda to the city of Atlanta, it warrants a museum showcasing the history of the Coca Cola Company. Visit the vault where the legendary secret formula for Coca-Cola is secured and taste 100+ beverages from around the world.
- The Peachtree Trolley
- Explore the “Must Sees” of Atlanta on this 90 minute fully-narrated trolley tour. A great combination of a little bit of history and a little bit of sightseeing.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Brace yourself for welcoming spring with colorful bang of flower power as Atlanta blooms. Celebrate the season with 80,000 tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, crocuses and perennial bulbs.
- Jimmy Carter Library & Museum
- Located on 35 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, the Carter Presidential Library is one of 13 presidential libraries in the United States tracing the life and work of President Jimmy Carter.
- Stone Mountain National Park
- 3,200 acres of natural beauty with a massive granite dome that keeps watch on park visitors. Adventure awaits as you explore activities and attractions like the sky lift to the historic carved peak, museum, scenic railroad, 4-D theatre, etc.
- Andrew Jackson Hermitage
- Home of President Andrew Jackson. Experience the historical mansion, museum, grounds and tranquil beauty. The plantation was owned by Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the Unites States, from 1804 until his death at the Hermitage in 1845.
- Gaylord Opryland
- Take a stroll in the climate-controlled signature glass atriums and enjoy 9 amazing acres of lush indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls, unique shopping and an indoor river with a riverboat cruise in the atrium.
- National Corvette Museum
- Over 80 Corvettes in periodic settings, including mint classics, one-of-a-kind prototypes and modern-day wonders of engineering and design. Round out our visit with a souvenir from the Corvette Store.
- Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
- A St Louis family-owned frozen custard institution serving frozen custard over 80 years. Choices include malts, shakes, sundaes, floats and ice cream sodas.
- Missouri River Runner
- A passenger train operated by Amtrak. We will board in Kirkwood, Missouri and travel to Lee Summit, Missouri
- Old Spaghetti Factory
- Pizza Inn Buffet
- Santa Fe Cattle Co
- Fried Tomato Buffet
- CNN Food Court
- Village Corner German Restaurant & Bakery
- DBA Barbeque
- Matthew’s Cafeteria
- Toots West
- Cracker Barrel
- Drury Inn & Suites
- Hyatt Place Nashville
- Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
- This trip is all inclusive
- First Bank Kansas has purchased Travel Insured Group Protection Plan on behalf of all travelers
- $2080 per person Club Member
- $2392 per person Non-Member
- $250 deposit per person due with reservation