Discover New Orleans
Enjoy some holiday magic at Moody Gardens and visit the birthplace of TABASCO® brand pepper sauce at Avery Island. Experience genuine grand southern living at its best with a tour and dining at Marlsgate Plantation. Discover New Orleans where there is more than one type of food, birthplace of jazz and a city that speaks for itself. We’ll let the fun begin in Jackson Square and the French Quarter. Leave your cares at home and celebrate a city that has always taken the laid back approach to life. We’ve created an adventure for you where we will follow the sound of music, eat somewhere different and discover New Orleans.
- 8 days, 7 nights
- Ice Land and Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens
- Embark on a breathtaking journey through Ice Land filled with numerous ice sculptures. Enjoy more than one million lights at the Festival of Lights
- Port Bolivar Ferry
- Avery Island
- Tour the birthplace of TABASCO® brand pepper sauce, including the museum, greenhouse peppers, barrel warehouse, blending, salt mine experience, bottling line, country store and Tabasco today
- Conrad Rice Mill
- Tour Conrad Rill Mill, the oldest working rice mill in America and produces the Konriko brand of rice varieties
- Carriage rides thru the Upper/Lower French Quarter & Cemetery
- Mule drawn carriages give a scenic and rustic way to tour the streets of the French Quarter and the cemetery while being entertained on the history of the city by a knowledgeable driver.
- National World War II Museum
- Ranked #3 among the top museums in the United States, this attraction will take you through to the front-lines. From D-Day galleries to the 4D cinematic experience, “Beyond All Boundaries,” to the final mission on the USS Tang submarine experience, this world-renowned history museum inspires visitors in the lessons of World War II.
- Steamboat Natchez
- A two hour cruise along the Mississippi River and experience New Orleans’ beauty and French Quarter romance.
- Visit Jackson Square, a historic park in the French Quarter
- A behind-the-scenes look at the magic of Mardi Gras as we tour Mardi Gras World
- Find 15,000 sea life creatures, representing nearly 600 species, living at the Aquarium of the Americas
- Double Decker Bus tour
- Ultimate Swamp Adventure on a flat bottom boat
- Cajun guides take you deep into the swamps. Don’t miss the Alligator Snapping Turtle and see if you can spot egrets, wild hogs, raccoons and alligators.
- Oak Alley Plantation
- From the moment you gaze up the tree-lined drive to the splendid Greek Revival style mansion, it is evident that this is an extraordinary historic plantation. The “Grande Dame” of the Great Louisiana River Road.
- Marlsgate Mansion
- Outside of Little Rock Arkansas stands Marlsgate. Famed as one of the most resplendent plantation homes built in the Arkansas Delta. Immediately step into the past and experience the gracious way of life enjoyed and maintained on the old plantations of the Arkansas Delta. Enjoy our tour with the enthusiastic owner providing gracious entertainment and southern hospitality
- 8 lunches, 7 dinners, 7 breakfasts at hotel
- First Bank Kansas has purchased Travel Insured Group Protection Plan on behalf of all travelers
- This trip requires a lot of walking
- Panera Bread
- J. Pepe’s Tex-Mex Restaurant
- Woody’s Smokehouse
- Garden Restaurant
- Pont Breaux’s Cajun Restaurant
- Landry’s Cajun Seafood & Steakhouse
- Jackson Square in the French Quarter
- Box Lunch at World War II Museum
- Grand Isle
- Oak Alley Plantation
- Bandsaw Restaurant
- Fox’s Pizza Den
- Marlsgate Plantation
- Charlie’s Chicken
- Embassy Suites
- Moody Gardens Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Magnolia Bluffs Casino & Hotel