smsGuardian Text Alerts
First Bank Kansas provides a service that will send a text message to notify you of certain transactions performed with your First Bank Kansas Debit Card. The following are the transactions that will prompt texts:
- International Transactions
- Fuel Transactions
- Authorizations Greater than $100.00
- 5 or More Transactions in 24 hours
- Card Not Present
- Out of State Transactions
- Declined Authorizations
To register your card, click here.
- Enter your full First Bank Kansas Card Number.
- Enter the Last 4 digits of the Primary Cardholder’s Social Security Number or Business Identification Number.
- Enter your zip code.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Create a device by entering your phone number (Area Code only in the first box) and clicking submit.
- Using the device you’re registering, text the code displayed on the screen to 27576.
You’ll receive a response that your Guardian Enrollment is complete. On the Devices Tab online it will indicate a “Verified” status. Each card can have up to 5 registered devices. On the Preferences Tab you are able to choose the window of time you would like to not have alerts sent. Alerts will hold and then send once this window of time is over. Message and Data Rates May Apply. You may discontinue the receipt of Alerts immediately by texting the word “STOP” (without quotes) in reply to a Guardian Alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the Website. You can also discontinue alerts by texting the word STOP to 27576. You will receive alerts sent to your cell phone (or other SMS text messaging device) for your enrolled MasterCard Debit Card. The number of alerts you receive will be based on your card usage. You will not receive more than one message per transaction on each enrolled card. Some mobile service providers require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers participating in the smsGuardian program. Cardholders will receive an alert message every 30 days reminding them of the subscription if their mobile service provider is Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin. If your cardholder needs help regarding the use of this service or their account, the cardholder may reply to an Alert message with the word HELP. They may also click on the “Service Usage Guide” link on the Website or call (888) 868-8611.