General Banking FAQs
- What is the amount required to open a checking account?
- What is necessary in order to open an account?
- What is the minimum balance required in my checking account?
- What is the First Bank Kansas’ Routing (or ABA) Number?
- Why would a company ask for my bank Routing (or ABA) Number?
- What happens to a bank account with no activity or becomes inactive?
MASTERCARD DEBIT CARD
- When is it better to use my Mastercard debit card rather than write a check?
- What do I do when my First Bank Kansas Mastercard debit card has been lost or stolen?
- What do I do if a check is posted to my statement for an amount different than the amount it was written for?
- What if a transaction appears on my account that I have not authorized?
- What is an out-of-network ATM transaction fee?
- How do I find out my PIN (Personal Identification Number) for my Mastercard debit card?
- How do I obtain a Mastercard debit card?
- How do I activate my Mastercard debit card?
- I will be traveling on vacation and using my Mastercard debit card, why do I need to notify First Bank Kansas?
At First Bank Kansas, you can open your checking account with only $50!
Opening an account at First Bank Kansas is easy! You only need to bring your valid driver’s license or other government issued photo ID and your social security number. If you plan on setting up a Trust, Conservatorship, or Representative Payee account, be sure to bring those documents with you as well.
First Bank Kansas has many checking accounts to choose from. Most do not have a minimum balance required. Contact us today and let us help you find the perfect account.
First Bank Kansas’ Routing Number: 101114659
A company asking for this information generally wants to initiate a transaction to your account electronically. In order to do this, they need to know the bank’s routing number so that the transaction can be routed to us via the banking system. Always be certain that you are confident in the company that you are doing business with before you give them your checking account information.
An account is considered inactive when one or more of the following exists:
- There is no customer-generated activity for a period of 6 months on the checking account.
- There is no customer-generated activity for a period of 3 years on a savings or money market account.
- Customers are assessed a $10 fee once inactive status has been reached and the balance is less than $100.
Here are some advantages to using your Mastercard debit card:
- Purchase details appear on your monthly checking statement so tracking your spending is easy.
- Your card is accepted more readily than checks and saves the hassle of carrying cash or your checkbook.
- Purchases are deducted directly from your checking account so there are no finance charges.
- Hitting the credit button gives you the added security of not having to enter your PIN.
- Requires no personal ID, can be replaced quickly if lost or stolen, and there is no annual fee.
During regular business hours, please contact First Bank Kansas at 785-825-2211.
After business hours you may call 1-888-297-3416 (within U.S.) or 1-206-389-5200 (outside U.S).
What do I do if a check is posted to my statement for an amount different than the amount it was written for?
Although not common, this situation can happen. Simply contact a First Bank Kansas location and they will research the problem and get it corrected as quickly as possible.
If there is a phone number listed with the transaction, you should first try to contact the company directly. If there is not a phone number, you can contact First Bank Kansas to see if more information is available that would help you get in touch with the company. If not, the Customer Service Representative can help you fill out the proper paperwork to dispute the transaction.
First Bank Kansas owns 16 ATMs that can be used free of charge by First Bank Kansas customers. In addition, we make available an extended network of ATMs outside our normal service area that are also free to our customers. If you use an ATM that is not owned by the bank (out of network ATM), there is an out of network ATM fee of $2.00 (per inquiry or transaction) charged by First Bank Kansas. This is in addition to the service charge that the bank who owns the ATM will charge.
For example, if you withdraw $50.00 at an out of network ATM and that bank charges $3.00 for a transaction, you will see a withdrawal from your account for $53.00 within one or two days. However, another fee of $2.00 will be charged by First Bank Kansas in a separate transaction.
If you still have questions regarding a charge or withdrawal from your account, contact First Bank Kansas as soon as you notice the questionable charge.
First Bank Kansas does not store your PIN information, therefore, you will need to visit a First Bank Kansas location and have a Customer Service Representative help you to re-PIN your card.
When you visit any one of our First Bank Kansas locations you can obtain your Mastercard debit card within minutes, since they are issued at our bank locations. If you call a First Bank Kansas location to order a card, you should receive your card in 3-5 business days.
Activating your card is quick and easy. Use your card at any First Bank Kansas ATM and enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and request a balance inquiry on your account or withdraw funds.
We also offer an automated system to activate your ATM or Mastercard debit card. To complete one of these tasks, you will need to provide the following information: entire card number, and the entire cardholder Social Security Number. This 24-hour automated system number is 1-844-492-8038.
I will be traveling on vacation and using my Mastercard debit card, why do I need to notify First Bank Kansas?
Call us prior to your trip to notify us of your travel plans. Failure to alert First Bank Kansas can result in a hold on your account due to suspected fraud. Let us know exactly where you plan to travel and how long you will be staying.